SHANGLA: Police in Shangla has arrested two accused allegedly involved in sexually abusing a 10-year-old schoolgirl in Lilonai area of the district.

The victim girl along with her father told police in the first information report (FIR) that she was coming back from school on September 05 when the two accused sexually abused her. She said the accused forcibly took her to a corn field and sexually abused her. The little girl told police that the accused showed her a sharp-edged weapon and warned her of killing her if she revealed anything about the incident.

The victim girl said she told her parents about the incident after which they brought her to police station.

Police said medical reports confirmed that the girl was sexually abused. A report has been filed against the accused and further investigation is underway.

Sexual abuse cases are being regularly reported from parts of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa recently.

Three days ago, Nowshera Police arrested an accused who tried to sexually abuse a seven-year-old boy.

Police said Fazal Ghani, a resident of Jehangira area, came to police post in Jehangira along with his seven-year-old brother and told that his younger brother came to house crying and told that he was coming home from mosque when their neighbour, Masood tried to sexually abuse him. He said the accused fled the scene after he started shouting and crying.

TNN correspondent reported that the police after filing FIR against the accused shifted the child to hospital for medical check-up and arrested the accused. The accused was presented in a local court from where he was sent to jail on 14-day judicial remand.

On August 25, a shopkeeper was accused by parents of a five-year-old girl in Nowshera of trying to sexually abuse her in Mian Isa area of Nowshera.

According to police, the father of the girl said his daughter went to a general store to buy some items. He alleged that the shopkeeper forcibly took the girl inside the shop and tried to sexually abuse her. However, the shopkeeper had to close the shop and run away after the girl started crying and screaming.