BANNU: The body of a 10-year-old boy has been recovered in the jurisdictions of Saddar Police Station in Bannu.

Local sources said the body of the boy was thrown in a maize field. Sources said the boy was tortured and strangulated by the killers.

The victim boy, identified as Muhammad, had gone to fields on Thursday to bring grass for cattle, but he did not return home. The body of the boy was recovered from a maize field on Friday morning.

The family members of the victim boy said they had filed a report about the incident in Saddar Police Station on Thursday evening.

The reason about the killing has not been disclosed yet. Further details about the case will be unveiled after investigation.

The incident in Bannu happened four days after an eight-year-old girl was killed after alleged sexual abuse in Akhrela area of Abbottabad.

Local sources said Niaz, a resident of Nawan Shehar, used to take his children to his village Akhrela every Sunday. Sources said Niaz also took his children for tour to Akhrela village as per routine where his eight-year-old daughter went missing. He searched his daughter for several hours and they went to Nawan Shehar Police Station to file a report about his missing daughter. He then received a phone call that the body of his daughter has been dumped at a deserted place in the village.

A day earlier, the body of a four-year-old child, who went missing one month ago, was found in a field in Lakki Marwat.

The child, Owais was playing outside his house in Gandi Khankhel area one month ago when he was kidnapped by unknown miscreants. TNN correspondent reported that the body of the child was recovered from the fields nearby his residence on August 18. Meanwhile, the body of a five-year-old boy, who went missing from Landikotal tehsil of Khyber tribal district, was recovered from a well the same day.

Police said the child, Bilal was strangulated and then his body was thrown into a well. Police said the facts about the incident will be unveiled after post mortem report.

Three close relatives of the child were arrested on suspicion and they are being interrogated.