Miranshah: Short circuit causes fire in Pakistan market

MIRANSHAH: A fire has broken out in Pakistan market of Miranshah due to short circuit, however, due to timely efforts of rescue workers and police, who rushed to douse the fire, no major loss was reported.

The local sources said that lightning flashed when the main power line struck with the top of shops in Pakistan Market, resulting in fire. The fire damaged the goods lying on the roof of the shops. However, the police, fire brigade and the public controlled the fire and saved shops in the market from major damage.

Shafiullah Khan Gandapur District Police Officer North Waziristan, Syed Jalal SDPO Headquarters Miran Shah, Asmatullah Khan SHO Miran Shah, Jamal Khan ASI Miran Shah and police staff was present on the spot and played a vital role in controlling the fire while standing beside the public. The public highly appreciated the timely action of the police and fire brigade in controlling the fire caused by a short circuit.

Bare electricity wires kill 4 cattle

Bare electricity wires installed on the main transmission line at the western side of Rustam Bazaar in Wana has killed four cattle. Locals said bare power wires lying on the ground can cause major tragedies at any time. They demanded the local administration to take notice and start repair work on the transmission line immediately.

Rustam Bazaar in South Waziristan houses around 8,000 shops markets and other business centres making one of the busiest centres. Local people said that their four cattle have been killed when they touched the wires.

People said that TESCO officials are not taking any steps to fix the line and the locals fear that it can result in a major incident. People of the areas have demanded the Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Government and the Chief of the Peshawar electric supply company to take action against the responsible officials and solve the problem immediately.