Prime miniser imran khan taken notice of child rape in Islamabad
Prime miniser imran khan taken notice of child rape in Islamabad

PESHAWAR: The Pakistan People Party (PPP) and Mutahida Majlis-e-Amal (MMA) Members Provincial Assembly (MPAs) have submitted a resolution in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Assembly secretariat seeking probe into the killing and alleged rape of Farishta Mohmand.

The 10-year-old Mohmand was killed after being allegedly raped by unknown persons in the federal capital. The resolution is moved by MPA Nighat Orakzai of PPP and Humera Khatoon of MMA here on Thursday.

The resolution stated that exemplary punishment should be given to those who are involved in the horrific crime. The resolution also sought the formation of a special commission in this regard and urged the government to take proper steps to control the growing incidents of sexual violence against children in the country.

Prime minister Imran Khan has already taken notice and ordered action against senior police officials for ‘negligence’. The premier has also ordered the registration of FIR against the SHO of Chek Shahzad police station, who has refused the family to register FIR of the case.

A statement issued by the secretary to Prime Minister Muhammad Azam Khan has said the Prime Minister has taken notice of ‘lack of empathy’ and ‘diligence of duty’ by Islamabad Police.

The statement further added that the attitude of staff at Police station was ‘callous’ and they made the family clean their offices when they visited them to pursue the case. The postmortem was done on the intervention of Additional Deputy Commissioner General (ADCG).

The Prime Minister has ordered the registration of cases against the SHO and other relevant officials. The Prime has also directed that suspension of the Sub-divisional Police Officer (SDPO) and Superintendent of Police (SP) of the zone was mลde OSD till finalization of the judicial inquiry into the case.

The incident was first reported on May 15 by the father to Police station that the girl had gone missing but FIR was formally registered on 19th May after the lapse of four days. The dead body was recovered on 20th May.