alif ailaan

PESHAWAR, October 22: A non-government organization working in education sector, Alif Ailaan, says that more than 25 million children are deprived of primary education.

In a report, it says the maximum number of out-of-school children, i.e. 66%, hail from Balochistan, 62% belong to Federally Administered Tribal Areas (FATA), 51% are from Sindh, 47% from Punjab while 34% children are from Khyber Pakhtunkhwa.

The report also says that there are about 27 million school children between five to 16 years of age, go to schools, mostly the state-run institutes..

The Alif Ailaan says that among those estimated 25 million out of school children, 55% are girls while the remaining 45% are boys.

The causes of low enrolment rates at girls’ schools include the narrow-mindedness of their parents, poverty or absence of schools in their respective areas. While of boys who do not attend schools, most of them do so because of their own will while some are faced with poverty.

Hits: 7